Winter is approaching, and we are all pulling on our jumpers and turning up the heating, or adding logs to the open fire.
You may be sitting all cosy, with thoughts of the snow and building snowmen. Once you’ve finished the last of your pre-winter jobs, and cleared the dead leaves by pressure washing them away. It may be a good idea to make a list of all the things you need to do before you hibernate for the winter season.
Getting Winter Ready
So, what do you need to do before winter arrives on your doorstep, take a look at these helpful tips, they may help?
- Check for drafts in windows and doors, replace door and window seals. This will prevent any heat loss and keep warmth inside rather than escaping.
- Buy a pair of lined curtains and close curtains trapping warm air in your rooms.
- Insulate hot water tanks and pipes to prevent them from bursting in icy weather.
- Regulate your heating with a thermostat, to help reduce fuel costs.
- Have your heating system inspected if you have any concerns you made need furnace repair. You don’t want to spend the winter without working heating.
- Add insulate your walls and your loft, and this can reduce your fuel bills and energy costs.
Keeping Your Home Warm and Cosy
Here are 9 Easy Steps to being warm and cosy this winter.
- Put your fluffy winter slippers near your front door or a radiator to keep warm. This is the first step to keeping cosy, stepping out of the cold into warm comfort. No more – chilly feet and cold toes!
- Swap in fluffy cushions and pillows.
- Add warm, colourful rugs around your home, so that you have warm comfort around your house under your feet from morning until night.
- Consider soft lighting and add candles to light up your winter nights, giving a warm glow to your heart.
- Warm-up windows with heavy-duty curtains and bright vases of flowers to soften the harshness of dark days.
- Cover sofas with soft throws that you can snuggle up in on those cold icy nights.
- Organise your home and add colour to brighten your mood.
- Put your memories on display and add colour and comfort around your home.
- Share time with family and friends. Make your winter full of fun.
Lighting Up Your Life
As the nights draw in and the darkness creeps upon us. Rather than feeling gloomy and miserable, you could add some light and a little mixed lighting. To add a little warmth, you can add candles; they will warm up your room and lift your mood.
Bring the outside in and add indoor plants in front of patio doors and conservatories; it will help soften your interior decorations.
Add extra comfort, art and decorations that lift your spirit and keep you feeling cheerful and happy. You could also add lighting to your garden and outdoor spaces, which will help bring the outside in.
Whatever you decide to do during the cold months, make sure you enjoy the season. It is not all gloomy and dark; it can also be a magical time of light.