* This is a sponsored conversation, in collaboration with Bloggin’ Mamas & Close5. All opinions are my own.
I have seen a lot of friends in and out of blogging who have taken an interest on succulents. Succulents are plants adapted to arid conditions and characterized by fleshy water-storing tissues that act as water reservoirs, common examples are cacti, sedum etc. My curiosity was piqued because these plants as they said require
no or minimum time and maintenance. With a toddler, a blog and household to run, this is the best for an aspiring gardener and a plant enthusiast like me.
The next question is, where do I get my succulents (mmm, this is a good one)? My friends who have their collection started with gifts. Being that said, since this is the gifting season, I decided that instead of asking my friends and family for succulents as gifts, I chose to give it myself.
Being on the lookout for local sellers, I have decided to use Close5.
Close5 is a free local buying and selling app that’s available on iPhone and Android is a new smartphone app that allows you to buy and sell products locally.
It makes buying and selling more fun and easy since you will get first hand interaction with your buyer or seller since they will just be in your own area. You will be able to see what’s for sale in your community and list your items for your neighbors to buy-all from your phone! In the app, discover what your neighbors are selling 5 to 50 miles around you.
Close5 believe that everything you need should be available within 5 miles of wherever you are – for the good of the environment and your wallet.
First, it was a breeze signing up. What I liked about it is that the app doesn’t ask you much about personal information specifically payment information. It’s like they are just matching you with the sellers of the products you are looking for AND within the area you specified. Close5 allows you to buy and sell items with your neighbors instead of strangers. Just like Craigslist, you can also post items that you are giving away for FREE.
And so I was able to contact Kat, a succulent seller, after making an offer, she sent me a private message with her phone number so that I can contact her. Well the first time I did try, she did not pick up so I just left a voicemail with my number so she can contact me.The good thing is that she called me back and we talked for a few minutes. I learned that she was in a fair in Gilroy that day and she was very busy. She narrated that her love for succulents started first as a hobby that eventually became a business.
The good thing I liked about Close5 is that I will be able to meet and maybe become friends with other sellers/buyers.
- You can comment on items for sale and with a click of a button – make an offer!
- Close5’s in-app chat helps you safely and securely chat with the buyer so you can arrange a time to meet-up – without having to give out your address, phone number or even email address!
- Public profiles ensure you know who you are dealing with from the very beginning.
- Buy and sell everything from home goods, electronics, fashion accessories and kids items locally on the app!
The safe and easy way to buy and sell locally…all from your phone!
- Website: www.close5.com
- Twitter: @Close5
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Close5app
- Instagram: @Close5app
Download the App
- App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id910559026
- Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ecg.close5